Xiaomi launched the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus in China in early December. These are one of the best budget devices you can get right now but if you have bought one and facing some issues with your new devices, then here is How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Method 1 – use recovery mode
- Start by switching off your handset: press and hold the Power key until the shutdown operation is completed, or press the Power key once and select ‘power off’.
- Next, reboot recovery mode on your Android device: press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few moments; when the Mi logo shows up release the Power key but keep pressing the Volume Up button; the recovery mode menu should be now displayed on your phone.
- In recovery use the Volume rocker keys to scroll up and down and the Power button to select.
- So, choose ‘wipe data factory reset’ and confirm.
- Optional: you can also choose ‘wipe cache partition’ followed by ‘wipe dalvik cache’ for completing a full wipe.
- When done, return to the main menu of recovery and select ‘reboot system now’.
Method 2 – use built-in settings
- Power on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- Tap on Menu and then access Settings.
- Under Additional settings find the Backup & Reset entry.
- Enter it.
- From there tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
- Choose Reset Phone when asked and review the risks displayed on your phone.
- When you are ready just start the factory reset operation and wait while it is automatically completed.
You should now know how to hard reset the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. If you have questions use the comments field from below as we are here to assist you as soon as possible.