Motorola has one of the most developer-friendly devices even after the company was acquired by Lenovo. The Moto G7 is the latest mid-range smartphone from the comapny which boasts some decent specs with not so decent price. Anyway, if you have got this device, here is How to Install TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto G7.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto G7
- Download TWRP Recovery from the above link.
- Open command promp (CMD) and navigate to your minimal ADB folder (open minmal ADB folder, press shift + right-click and select “open command windows here“.)
- Enable developer options on your Moto G7. Go to Settings > About phone > tap Build number 7 times. Go back to Settings > Developer options > check OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Connect your device to PC.
- If you have microSD card, Copy your TWRP recovery .img file to microSD card else copy it to the minimal ADB folder.
adb push twrp-version-build-river.img /data/
- In CMD, type:
adb reboot bootloader
- You device will reboot to bootloader. After it reboots, type:
fastboot boot twrp-version-build-river.img
- In TWRP, Tap Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk > Navigate to /data or /external_sd > select TWRP > Swipe to Install.
- If you Magisk installed, Go to Advanced > fix/avoid recovery bootloops.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Moto G7. Enjoy!