Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is the successor to the highly popular Redmi Note 5 pro and even though it’s not a major upgrade from its predicessor, it still packs some decent specs. If you have bought this budget device and want to feel more awesome using it, then here is How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- TWRP Recovery.
- Magisk Manager (Download and copy it in your device internal or external storage)
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > MIUI version and MIUI Version 7 Times.
- Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options and check “OEM unlocking” [this should be already checked] and “USB debugging.”
- Extract ADB folder on your pc and navigate to that folder.
- Hold Shift + Left click and select “Open command window here.”
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see the Fastboot screen.
- Connect your device to PC.
- In CMD, type:
fastboot flash recovery [twrp recovery name].img
- After the process finishes, remove your device from PC. Don’t turn off your device (this is important) and hold Volume Up + Power Button until you see MI screen.
- TWRP recovery should boot now.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Boot into TWRP Recovery (Turn-off your device. Press and Hold Power + Volume Up button until you see MI screen)
- Go to Install > Select Magisk Manager Zip file and flash.
Congratulations you have successfully installed TWRP recovery and rooted your Redmi Note 6 pro.