Here is all that you should know about How to Refund a Game on Steam.
Steam is an online Game client that lets you play thousands of games without the hassle of buying a physical disc. From AAA titles to small hidden gems, steam has it all. But sometimes you end up buying a game that you don’t like. Unlike a physical copy, you can get your money back on Steam digital download if you meet certain requirements and here is all that you should know about How to Refund a Game on Steam.
How to Refund a Game on Steam
Conditions of Refund
Steam Refund eligibility Criteria
Here are some conditions that, if you meet, will make you eligible for a steam refund.
- 14 days have not passed since you have purchased the game.
- You haven’t played the game for more than 2 hours
Steam Non-refund eligibility Criteria
Here are some conditions that, if you meet, will make you non-eligible for a refund.
- You can not get your money back on in-app purchases.
- Received a VAC (Valve anti-cheat system)
- Video purchases that were not part of a bundle.
So if you meet the above criteria, here is how you can request a refund from steam.
How to Request a Steam Refund
If you are within the 14 days, two-hour window then it is very easy to get a refund.
- Login to Steam on your computer. (With your browser, not through the Steam desktop client)
- Click on the Support Tab at the top of the window.
- Click the title you want to refund in recent purchases (or find it by clicking the Purchases Tab).
- Click I would like a refund if you have played less than 2 hours.
- If you have played more than 2 hours, click It’s not what I expected and then click I’d like to request a refund.
- Fill out the Tell us why section to explain why you want a refund for your game.
- Click Submit Request.
If your case is strong, you will get the refund very shortly. If you are denied the request, you can appeal again a second time by opening a new support ticket. Hopefully, another steam team member will look at your request and you might get lucky.