There are many a times one needs a screenshot to prove a point. These screenshots act as a digital receipt in this modern era. Screenshots are also useful when you want to explain some points in a specific program. Just take a screenshot and label it with all those points instead of explaining it in texual form. If you are a mac user, there are several ways you can use to capture a piece of information on your computer screen. If you don’t know all of them than continue reading as below guide shows you all the possible ways on how to take a screenshot on a Mac computer.
How To Take a Screenshot on Mac
Take Screenshot of Entire Screen on Mac
- Press Command + Shift + 3.
- The image of your entire screen will be saved to your Mac’s desktop.
Capture a Window on Mac
- Press Command + Shift + 4, and then press space. Your cursor will turn into a camera icon.
- Click on the window you want to capture.
Take a Selection Shot on Mac
- Press Command + Shift + 4, and a marquee selection tool will appear.
- Click and drag to highlight the selection you need.
- Release the click when you are satisfied with the part you need.
Use File Menu to Capture a Screenshot on Mac
- Click on File Menu.
- Hover the mouse cursor over Take Screenshot menu.
- Select appropriate option to capture a screenshot of a Selection, Window, or Entire Screen.
- Save the taken screenshot in your desired format in Preview.
Capture an Entire Webpage on Mac
To capture an entire webpage on Mac for later viewing, you have to use Chrome instead of Safari.
- Install Full Page Screen Capture extension for Chrome.
- When you want to save a webpage, click on the little camera icon that will appear after installing it on the top-right of the chrome window.
How to Capture a Screenshot on macOS Mojave
On macOS Mojave, you need to press Command + Shift + 5. A menu will appear on screen with different options. Choose the appropriate option according to the given guide below. If you want to capture what’s displayed on the Touch bar found on the new MacBooks, you can use Command + Shift + 6.
Capture the entire screen
- Click in the onscreen controls. Your pointer changes to a camera.
- Click any screen to capture that screen, or click Capture in the onscreen controls.
Capture a window
- Click in the onscreen controls. Your pointer changes to a camera .
- Click a window to capture that window.
- To exclude the window’s shadow from the screenshot, press and hold the Option (⌥) key while you click.
Capture a selected portion of the screen
- Click in the onscreen controls.
- Drag to select an area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, drag from within the selection.
- Click Capture in the onscreen controls.
Capture a menu
- Click the menu to reveal its contents.
- Press Shift + Command + 5 while the menu is shown.
- Capture the menu by following the steps to capture the entire screen, capture a window (the menu is treated like a window), or capture a selected portion of the screen.
Here you go with detailed steps on all the ways on How To Take a Screenshot on a Mac.