This guide shows you how you can root Huawei Honor 7X and install TWRP recovery on it.
Huawei Honor 7X is the best budget android device you can buy right now. Many tech websites including XDA has named Honor 7X as the “best budget phone of 2017”.
Now if you got yourself this awesome device and want to enhance your Android experience even more then here is how you can root Huawei Honor 7X and install TWRP recovery on it.
Note: This method only works on Huawei Honor 7X Model BND–L21 Only
How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Honor 7X
Get Unlock Code
- Go to this website.
- Go to Downloads > Unlock Bootloader
- Enter S/N, IMEI, product code and model number of your device.
- You will get your unlock code below the form.
- Enable Developer option (Go to Settings > About > Tap on Build Number seven times > Go Back > Developer Options > Check Enable OEM Unlock >Check USB Debugging)
- Plug-in your device and select ok on your device when prompted.
- Open CMD.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now when device boots into bootloader, type:
fastboot oem unlock [paste unlock code here]
- Follow onscreen instructions.
Flash TWRP recovery on Honor 7X
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to PC.
- Reboot to bootloader.
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
- Reboot by typing:
Root Honor 7X
- Copy SuperSu file on your device.
- Connect your device to PC,
- Type, in cmd:
adb reboot recovery
- Now in TWRP,
- Click Install.
- Select SuperSu file.
Congratulations! Your Huawei Honor 7X is now rooted and has TWRP recovery installed on it. Happy modding!!